Welcome to our advice and care section for cats.
Caring for your cat
Our cats are important to us and we want to do the very best to keep them happy and healthy. As well as the pleasure of having a feline friend in your life, cat ownership brings responsibilities and if you are thinking of buying a new cat, you should weigh up the time and commitment involved. Cats, like other pets, are protected under the law within the Animal Welfare Act 2006 which means that anyone caring for a cat, even temporarily, has a duty to care for him or her properly. The Act covers the five welfare needs of our animals, which are the:
- need for a suitable environment;
- need for a suitable diet;
- need to be able to exhibit normal behaviour patterns;
- need to be housed with, or apart, from other animals;
- and the need to be protected from pain, suffering, injury and disease.
Please click on the links to browse the various topics we cover.
If you can’t find the information you’re looking for, please give us a call.
Pet-proofing your home
Caring for your cat’s ears and eyes
Bone and Joint Health